As the auction industry continues to thrive and we continue to grow, it has been our desire to do more for the up-and-coming passion driven art enthusiast. As the largest West Coast Auction House, Clars Auction Gallery, we would like to engage the future leaders in building the best marketplace for trading Fine Art & Collectibles.
The internship program ranges from 3 to 6 months on a full-time, Monday to Friday basis, hours 9am–5pm. Interns are expected to adhere to these working hours unless otherwise specified by the department supervisor. Part-time hours should be discussed and agreed upon during the interview process.
You will gain excellent insight into the workings of a busy auction house while having hands-on experience. You will shadow leading specialists in one of the collecting categories and will be able to experience the buzz of sale days.
A limited number of opportunities may be available depending on the auction season.
- Fine Art
- Asian Works of Art
- American and European Furniture
- Decorative Arts
- Jewelry and Timepieces
- Business Development
- Special Events
- Undergraduate students, master’s students, or recently graduated individuals (within a year of graduation)
- Must have appropriate work authorization, as Clars Auction Gallery does not sponsor visas for entry level positions
- Available for the entirety of the program and should prepare schedule for the time and workload commitment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, hard-working, driven and focused
- Highly collaborative nature
Interns will be asked to do a variety of tasks throughout their time at Clars Auction Gallery. These projects will depend on where the department is in their sale cycle as well as other factors.
Tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Research on specific works of art, artists, museums, etc.
- Provide support on consignment related tasks
- Assisting with catalog descriptions
- Working with departments for preview set up
- Administrative duties
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] or [email protected]. Clars reviews all formal application submissions, and successful candidates will be contacted directly by the department supervisors for interviews.